@Eon - if the game remains in the system tray and nothing appears on the screen, it is likely the file "atigktxx.dll" is required for you to run the game on your system. Is atigktxx.dll in your Atom Zombie Smasher game folder?
If you need to reacquire that file, please verify the game cache. To verify the game cache:
1. Right-click the Atom Zombie Smasher icon.
2. Select: Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache
When you went through the steps of http://blendogames.com/atomzombiesmashe ... m#gencrash
, were you able to run the game, or did you see a BSOD immediately at game startup?
@Jay - I apologize for the inconvenience. The game currently has issues with some systems that use ATI video cards. Most users are able to resolve it via the alternate exe file, as described here:http://blendogames.com/atomzombiesmashe ... m#gencrash
However, it seems Eon and yourself are experiencing something else. Let's diagnose the problem:
1. Are you running on Steam?
2. Are you on a desktop or laptop?
3. Does the crash happen after a set time or spot in the game? Or is it completely random?
4. Have you ever been able to run the game?
@Eon & Jay -
This is a long shot, but some time ago a few users reported getting the game to work by:
1. Plugging headphones into the headphone jack and starting the game.
2. Or, plugging a gamepad into your computer and starting the game.